Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Bloglovin' Image Map

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Look at my Lessons 3/8/15

Hi Friends! 
How is March treating you so far? My girlfriend and I have officially deemed it "March Madness" in the special ed world. I just keep telling myself I need to make it to the end of March and everything will be okay. :) 

Today I'm doing my fifth "Look at my Lessons" post! :) I'm linking up with Old School Speech for her Week in Review linky, as well!

This week, I'll be using some of my own materials for therapy, along with other St. Patrick's Day materials. My lessons last week were all St. Patrick's Day themed… but it was "science week" at my elementary school, so unfortunately it was near impossible to pull some of the kiddos for speech. I didn't get to use all my planned activities so some of them are rolling over to this week. :) 

Here's a "Look at my Lessons" for the week!

DISCLAIMER: I know everyone has caseloads made up of varying ages and abilities… so my lesson plans may not apply to everyone. However, I often use open-ended reinforcement activities and those can be utilized for many different therapy groups. I should caution that I've listed mainly the materials I'm going to use- I don't include behavioral strategies, prompting and modifications in my lesson plans… they are VERY general. But, they give me place to start when it comes to therapy for the week!

I've listed the names of my lesson plan activities below and where you can get them! :)

St. Patrick's Day Craft - check out Hobby Lobby, Target or Michael's for cute and easy foam crafts! They always have great little holiday crafts that can be used as open-ended reinforcers in therapy! 

Lucky Tucker -  I purchased this book on Amazon last year. It's a super cute book about a dog and his lucky St. Patrick's Day. I used it to target inferencing, predicting, story retell, etc. Then, I found the Lucky Tucker Book Companion by WhitneySLP… now my "Lucky Tucker" book will likely be a lesson spanning over this week and next week. Yay!!!

Print 'n' Go St. Patrick's Day Packet (Includes "Roll a…. Clover, Rainbow & Pot 'o' Gold", "St. Patrick's Day game board" and "Pot 'o' Gold Boards") by SLP Chelsea (me)
I'm Lucky Because Activity FREEBIE by SLP Chelsea (me)
Sneak a Shamrock by SLP Chelsea (me)

Throughout my work week, I often post pictures of what I'm doing in therapy on Instagram! It's my favorite way to share, so be sure to check it out!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously lacking in a decent St. Patrick's Day book! We're on Break that week, but I'm trying to get some activities in!
    Thanks for linking up!
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful plans and activities! Thank you for sharing your ideas!
    Mary, look for St. Patrick's Day in the Morning by Eve Bunting. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete