Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Bloglovin' Image Map

Monday, January 12, 2015

Hello, World!

Hi there!
I have many goals for 2015. I haven't officially written them down or anything, but they are floating around in my head constantly. I've started a blog before but never followed through. I've thought about making products on Teachers Pay Teachers but I thought it would be too difficult, so I never got started. 2015 is the year to get these things done! So, here I am. I guess I should start by telling you a little bit about myself.

I'm a licensed and ASHA certified speech-language pathologist. I completed my B.A. in Communicative Disorders at Cal State Fullerton in 2007 and my M.S. at University of Redlands in 2009. I am passionate about the field, and although working in the public school setting is full of many stressors, I still really love my job. 

I live in Orange County, CA. As I mentioned, I work in the public school setting with preschool to 5th grade students, all ranging in ability. The students I work with are typically impacted by: autism, apraxia, language disorders, ADHD, articulation disorders, phonological disorders, fluency disorders, traumatic brain injury, hearing loss, emotional disturbances or behavioral disorders… the list goes on. My students push me to be a better person and therapist every day. 

My hope for this blog is to share some of my daily triumphs and tribulations, therapy ideas, activities and even printable materials. I am obsessed with Pinterest and fellow SLP bloggers- they are truly paving the way for a whole new SLP world and I just hope to add to it! 

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!

Chelsea

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Blogging is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing and such an inspiration! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Blogging World!
    http://oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete