Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Facebook Bloglovin' Image Map

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quick Tip Tuesday

Hi friends!
Today, I'm linking up with School SLP for her Quick Tip Tuesday Linky! 


This link-up is designed for SLPs to share a quick tip(s) related to the speech and language world. The goal is to share information in a short-read format.

Here you go….

If you have kiddos that are easy to drill when it comes to articulation targets, using a tally counter or "clicker" is an easy addition to therapy sessions. Whether your students are at the carryover level and using their sounds in conversation OR they are at the phonemically loaded sentence level, it will surprise you how much a "clicker" will excite and motivate your students.

I use  a "clicker" in therapy regularly with my Speedy Speech students (2x10 individual drill sessions with 3rd grade and up). The kids love to see how many productions they can make of their sound and they especially love to try to surpass their previous total. I use this tool during conversational tasks as an auditory reminder and a way to tally the amount of target sounds my students use when we chat. I use a "clicker" alongside reading level tasks with seasonal books or paragraph level reading prompts. I also use it with a Super Duper book called "See it, Say it Artic Reps". Each page results in the reader saying their sound 100 times! 


You can get a "clicker" or tally counter on Amazon. I'm actually looking into buying some of the fun colored ones. :)

I hope that was a helpful quick tip! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog design! Your dog is so cute (graphic and real life!)

    Chelsea, thanks for linking up! I also have a clicker {I should really use it more often. Next week, I am starting some quick articulation therapy sessions (7 minutes ~ 3 times per week ~ 1:1) I will have to get that drill book and start using my clicker again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I do love my pup! I'm glad we could link up and that my quick tip of using my clicker in therapy was helpful! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I use a clicker during my 5-minute days as well as for my kids who are on the conversation level. I have the rep book...I should pull it back out. It would be perfect to use for my 5 minute days! Thanks for the reminder!
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLP Chelsea, thank you for the great idea of using a clicker to keep track of those many, many trials during a Speedy Speech Therapy session. Wishing you all the best, JoAnn Co-author Speedy Speech Programs

    ReplyDelete